In this blog you will find all the information you need when dealing with PHP based Scripts, we will be covering features, function and I will be giving you my opinion on the script.
WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. WordPress is a completely free platform and yet utterly priceless at the same time. WordPress is what you use when you want to work with your blogging software, not fight it. WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewer users than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since then it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on hundreds of thousands of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
WordPress is what you use when you want to work with your blogging software, not fight it.
- Full standards compliance
- Changes you make to your templates or entries are reflected immediately on your site
- Pages allow you to manage non-blog content easily, so for example you could have a static “About” page that you manage through WordPress.
- Links allows you to create, maintain, and update any number of blogrolls through your administration interface. This is much faster than calling an external blogroll manager.
- WordPress comes with a full theme system
- Cross-blog communication tools : Trackback and Pingback
- Spam protection
- Full user registration
- Password Protected Posts
- Easy installation and upgrades
- Easy Importing for Movable Type, Textpattern, Greymatter, Blogger, and b2
- XML-RPC interface
- Workflow : You can have types of users that can only post drafts, not publish to the front page.
- Intelligent text formatting
- Multiple authors
- Ping away :WordPress supports pinging Ping-O-Matic, which means maximum exposure for your blog to search engines.
WordPress is by far the best CMS out there with so many core functions, you can create practically anything. And with the amount of developers using WordPress and modifying it by creating plugins and theme, it’s hard to find something that has never been done on WordPress…
At Nova we pride ourselves in saying that we are WordPress experts and have created countless website using this easy CMS system which allows us and our customers to have complete access to content and images. Thus giving them the freedom to create their own pages and posts in the future with ease.
OpenCart is an open source PHP-based online shopping cart system. It is a robust e-commerce solution for Internet merchants with the ability to create their own online business and participate in e-commerce at a minimal cost. OpenCart is designed; feature rich, easy to use, search engine-friendly and with a visually appealing interface.
- Unlimited Categories
- Open Souce
- Unlimited Products
- Free Documentation
- Unlimited Manufacturers
- Multi Currency
- Automatic Image Resize
- Multi Language
- 20+ Payment Gateways
- Product Reviews
- 8+ Shipping Methods
- Product Ratings
A very simple and easy to use E-commerce shop with so many functions it is no surprise that this is the Best E-commerce PHP Script. If you begin with a very good standard theme, it’s effortless to create your shop within hours.
PrestaShop e-Commerce Solution was built to take advantage of essential Web 2.0 innovations such as dynamic AJAX-powered features and next-generation ergonomy. PrestaShop guides users through your product catalog intelligently and effortlessly, turning intrigued visitors into paying customers.
- Featured products on homepage
- Top sellers on homepage
- New items on homepage
- ‘Free shipping’ offers
- Cross-selling (Accessories)
- Product image zoom
- Order out-of-stock items
- Customer subscription & user accounts
- Payment by bank wire
- Google Checkout module
- Cash-On-Delivery (COD)
- Preconfigured for Paypal
- Unlimited categories & subcategories, product attribute combinations, product specs, images, currencies, tax settings, carriers & destinations
- Real-time currency exchange rates
- Inventory management
- Unlimited languages & dialects
- 100% modifiable graphic themes
- Newsletter contact export
- Alias search
- SSL encryption
- Visitors online
- Customer groups
One of the best features about this E-commerce Script is the well designed and easy to use admin panel, which is a great improvement compared to other E-commerce scripts. The front end however is a bit disappointing as the design has not been finished with the same quality as this script’s functionality.
Drupal is an open-source platform and content management system for building dynamic web sites, offering a broad range of features and services including; user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities. It also uses controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes. Equipped with a powerful blend of features and configurability, Drupal can support a diverse range of web projects ranging from personal weblogs to large community-driven sites.
- Collaborative Book
- Friendly URLs
- Online help
- Open source
- Role based permission system
- User management
- Threaded comments
- Version control
- Blogger API support
- Content syndication
- News aggregator
- Analysis, Tracking and Statistics
- Logging and Reporting
- Web based administration
- Discussion forums
Drupal is the next best thing from WordPress. As a CMS with many developers working on Plugins and themes it’s easy to create your website the way you want it without knowing different coding languages.
phpBB is used by millions of people on a daily basis, making it the most widely used open source bulletin board system in the world. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in. Newer users will appreciate phpBB’s extensive administration panel, which allows the customisation of even the most intricate features without having to edit code directly, while advanced users will value the ease with which phpBB can be integrated into existing systems.
Some of phpBB3’s major features include:
- Modular design for the Admin Control Panel, Moderator Control Panel, and User Control Panel
- Support for multiple database management systems, including MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Firebird, OpenLink Virtuoso, and other ODBC-accessible DBMS
- Support for unlimited levels of subforums
- Ability to create custom-defined BBCode
- Ability to create custom profile fields
- Permissions system
- UTF-8 Support
- User Preferences
- Search Engine spider Handling
- Unread message tracking
- Private Message System
This is my first choice for creating a Forum as it is extremely simple to create and with a 1 Click Installer like Softaculous, its makes your job a lot easier. With hundreds of FREE themes to choice from and many more premium choices it is extremely easy to find your ideal forum design.
“Please note information has been taken from softaculous”